Keswick Sweater

By Tiffany - Monday, May 15, 2017

omg! My little guy, plus working full time, has kept me so busy! I've had very little time to work on much. But, working slowly and steadily after his bedtime every night, I've managed to finish my sweater. Finally!

I used the Keswick Sweater pattern. Before making the final sweater, I had made a test sweater for my little guy. It was a great way to test gauge and practice the cable.

The yarn is Cascade Pacific - a blend of 60% Acrylic and 40% Superwash merino wool. I love it as it doesn't itch.

There is a simple moss stitch on the sleeves and back. It's a little less boring than stockinette stitch and also easier to count stitches and rows. This made it much easier to end up with sleeves that were the same length - ha!

I changed one thing about the pattern. The original pattern is a bit of a bomber style, starting out with less stitches on the bottom band and then adding stiches to expand out. I didn't want this, so I started with the same number of stitches that are needed for the body and did no increases.

The cable pattern is classy and wasn't too hard to do. The fronts were definitely fun to do. Oh, and I like that the sweater is done in pieces, because the finished sweater is a bit heavy and would have tired out my already tired-from-baby-carrying hands further.

Overall, I love the sweater and I'm a bit sad that I only finished it as the weather is finally warming up. Oh well!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like