Sewaholic Belcarra Revisited

By Tiffany - Monday, June 22, 2015

After a somewhat successful first Belcarra blouse, I decide to go back a make an even better one using what I have learned about making Sewaholic patterns fit.

  • 100% Cotton Voile
  • Thread
The voile is so nice and light. It is a perfect fabric for a summer blouse.


This time around I made Version B with the pintucks. I think they look great with this solid colour shirt.

I made a size 8 with some adjustments (my size according to my high bust). I narrowed the shoulders by 1/4" each. I moved the neckline in about 1/2", so that my bra straps don't poke out as often. I also increased the sleeve width by 3/4". After all of those changes, my sleeve pattern pieces looked very different from the original. But, it seems to have worked as the shirt is so much more comfortable.

I didn't bother with my usual swayback adjustment. I figured that since this is a bit of a loose blouse, the extra fabric at the back didn't matter so much.

Overall, I'm really happy with my new Belcarra. The improved fit makes it so much more comfortable to wear. And I definitely recommend voile for a hot summer day.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like